Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it possible for me to transfer PC cases?

I'm wondering is it possible and how I can transfer my PC cases.


I'm using a Inspiron 531 and I would like to transfer it into a Powmax Bio II CP601-1 atx mid tower case.Is it possible for me to transfer PC cases?
With any type of pre-made computer like the Inspiron you will run into some difficulties, because the manufacturer usually uses proprietary parts in the case. Is the new case completely new or do you just want to have the same stuff on the old one to be on the new one? In that case you just need to transfer the hard drive to the new computer case.





I don't know what the inside of an Inspiron 531 looks like, but if you can basically size up the motherboard and it looks like it will fit, then it should, the dimensions of motherboards are pretty standard and if the new mid tower case is relatively the same size then it should fit.





Hope I helped,





TerahertIs it possible for me to transfer PC cases?
No. Dell motherboards and cases are proprietary so it wouldn't work. For most other computer manufacturers, it would work just fine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment